Events and festivals in a green world: a FREE event for school and college students
The Rose Bowl
Leeds Metropolitan University
Leeds City Centre
17th March 2010
6pm – 8pm
In an attempt to reduce carbon emissions, should the council stop subsidising festivals and events?
An invited panel will try to answer this question with the help of expert witnesses. They will grapple with the idea that subsidies may encourage people to feel good about their town or city but may also contribute to climate change by encouraging people to travel to these events. The audience will have an opportunity to vote at the end of the debate.
Why should students attend this event?
- The material discussed will be relevant to those studying geography, sociology, politics, environmental studies, travel and tourism, economics;
- The event will provide experience of university education;
- Attendance can be added to CVs and used by Year 12 students for personal statements (UCAS);
- The audience will be exposed to some new ideas and evidence on this topical issue;
- It will be interesting and entertaining!